- Permethrin dilution instructions to make tick proof clothing
- Reversal of coginitive decline in Alzheimer's disease is a newer article (2016) by Dr. Dale Bredesen about the MEND protocol for reversing Alzheimer's disease.
- Reversoal of coginitive decline: A novel therapeutic program is the orginal article (2014) by Dr. Dale Bredesen for reversing affects of Alzheimer's disease.
- Hydrocortisone, Vitamin C and Thiamine treatment for severe sepsis and septic shock
- Nicotinamide Riboside: Anti-Aging Miracle Or Scam?
- Cervical Vertigo is a good resource for those suffering from vertigo because of cervical disc disease
- A blogger's web page about supplements for healthy sleep is in line with Dr. Dawn's suggestions.
- NIH website for Complementary and Alternative Medicine for health professionals has good research reviews for cancer treatments such as using using modified citrus pectin to slow growth of prostate cancer
- Bacterial Inoculation of Cesarean-born babies: A new standard to substitue for natural bacteria during vaginal birth
- Research paper about Stem cells & Hyaluronc Acid treatment to regenerate cartilage
- Questions and Answers in MRI describes various forms of Gadolinium contrast agents
- Review of a recent hypothesis for the biological basis of acupuncture
- A Comprehensive Review of the Safety and Efficacy of Bioidentical Hormones for the Management of Menopause
- Good explanation of the health implications of MTHFR gene mutations
- The Environmental Costs and Benefits of Fracking is a good scientific study of this important issue
- How to tick proof you clothes at home
- A Chinese herb that helps rheumatoid arthritis, especially in comination with the standard drug methotrexate
- Toxic Matters is an excellent guide by UC San Francisco for protecting ourselves from toxic substances
- Detecting cancer with fruit flies by identifying cancer-specific chemicals in the air
- An anti-cancer diet research article analyzes the Bill Henderson Protocol to treat and prevent cancer
- The Migraine Trust website has supplements and herbs to treat migraine headaches
- Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP) provides health insurance counseling over all of California
- GreenMedInfo blog criticism of the recent study claiming Omega 3 fatty acid causes prostate cancer is in line with Dr Dawn's evaluation.
- CDC document on Unintentional Drug Poisoning in the United States
- My Health Resource helps you find low cost and free health and dental clinics in California
- Acute cancer survivor Emily Whitehead puts a human face on extraordinary research for a devastating leukemia in children
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association website has valuable information for both patients and doctors concerning LGBT health issues
- Strategies for Insect Bite Control is a document supplied by a regular listener, Bruce in Elkhorn
- International Chemical Secretariat website is an excellent resource to search and learn about hazardous chemicals in our environment
- Environmental organization in
Monterey County, CA - website has
links to learn about natural gas "Fracking" issue
Links to contact Congressman
Sam Farr, Senator Barbara Boxer
and Senator Dianne Feinstein about the federal leases already issued
- Consumerlab Report on Probiotics requires membership which Dr. Dawn thinks is worth the price
- What bacteria are in your gut (or mouth or skin?) is a crowd-sourced project that can identify your bacterial flora
- Functional Medicine Elimination
Diet that helps identify food sensitivities and
- Functional Medicine Dysglycmia
(low glycemic index) diet that is very
helpful to loose weight and avoid diabetes
Dawn's nutritional advice for avoiding breast cancer
- ENCODE project website
has a cool interface to explore this new project that studies the
non-protein-coding regions of our DNA and its function in controlling
- Body Weight Simulator
is a web application to help you calculate weight loss based on a
complex mathematical model by Carson Chow
- New research on Morgellons Disease
supports that it isn't simply "delusional parasitosis"
- Information is Beautiful website has
dynamic graphics to show data about nutritional supplements, although
we don't agree with all of their conclusions for scientific research.
- Choosing Wisely
initiative has lists of recommendations for what procedures are needed
and which are inappropriate for each medical specialty
by Self magazine has good nutrition advice and help with reading data
on food labels
- The Nutrition Source - What
Should I Eat by the Harvard School of Public
Health has well-supported information in line with Dr. Dawn's advice
- Review article about the possible
benefits of an Alkaline diet
- Hospice of Santa Cruz County
is an invaluable service to both patients and families dealing with end
of life care
- Effects of Electromagnetic Field (EMF)
radiation on health:
- CDC document about "Cervical
cancer screening with the HPV test and the Pap
test in women ages 30 and older"
- Risk Assessment Tool
will help you evaluate your risk of heart attack
- The Cancer
Project website has good nutrition advice and
classes all over the US, especially designed to help people with cancer
to the Simply Nutritious
website for nutrition classes in the Santa Cruz area
- Customized Sleep Profile
by Johnson and Johnson helps mothers and their babies sleep better
- About Emergency Preparedness
outlines the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission's policies -- check
out the link for the use of Potassium Iodide
- Official AHA Hands-Only CPR
Instructional Video Only 1 minute will
help you learn to save a life!
is the U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health
website where you can look up information about drugs, herbs and
is a valuable resource to help young survivors of cancer to do the
proper monitoring required to avoid cancer later in life and maintain
long term health
- Effect of oral magnesium on hot
flashes in breast cancer survivors is an article
detailing advantages of magnesium
- Antioxidants and Radiation Therapy
is an example research article that supports using
antioxidants during cancer therapy
- California Pre-Existing Condition
Insurance Plan is the place to go to explore
health insurance in California.
- Capital Desk section of
CaliforniaHealthline website is a good place to
monitor news on health bills in the CA legislature.
Also see: CA Legislature Bill Information.
is a fabulous new website by the US Department of Health and Human
Services to help you navigate health insurance options, especially in
the context of the changes enacted by recent health care reform bill
- Safe Chemicals Act
is a new bill designed to improve testing and monitoring of chemicals
in our environment. Check out the entire website for excellent
information about toxic chemicals issues
- Environmental Defense Fund
webpage promotes laws to address the onslaught of chemicals in our
- Safe Cosmetics
website focuses on chemical safety in cosmetic products, including new
bill introduced in U.S. house of representatives
- Cosmetics Database,
sponsored by the Environmental
Working Group, is an amazing collection
of ingredients of 60,000 products to find dangerous chemicals ls in
skin, hair and other cosmetic products
Working Group summary about cell phone radiation risks
- Environmental Working Group guide
to fish oil brands
- The International Fish Oil
Standards group also rates fish oil brands for
purity and contamination
article about fish oil production processes
- Environmental Working Group Guide
to Pesticides has quality information
about the impact of chemicals in our
food and environment, including lists of foods to buy organic and which
are not as necessary
- Environmental Working Group
website about the health dangers of Bisphenol A (BPA) in plastics
- PLOS report on holding receipt paper and eating food after using hand sanitizer results in high blood levels of BPA
- Fire Retardants
- Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and
Genomes (KEGG) is an amazing database linking
technical information about genes, metabolism, biochemical compounds,
human diseases and drugs.
- Open Source Biotechnology
and Open Wetware
support open, non-commercial biology research alternatives
- Stop the Medicare Meltdown
website has a petition you can sign to encourage Congress to fix
Medicare rate problems
is an independent testing agency for supplements and
- Recall of Kids' Tylenol, Motrin,
- A list of drugs
that affect the risk of cardiac arrest are detailed on this website
- California Dept. of Public Health
is a good starting point for practical information about the H1N1
Influenza virus, with lots of links to broader perspectives for the
U.S. and the the world
- California Department of
Education's Flu website has a draft version of a
"Pandemic Influenza Manual" to help parents understand how to deal with
the H1N1 flu. Here's a PDF version
if you don't want to read their MS Word Doc file.
- The DASH diet
is proven to lower blood pressure without additional prescription drugs
- PBS NewsHour health
reform website is an excellent source of
information on the current health care reform in the U.S.
- Single Payer
Health Care Now!
Single payer has been essentially rejected in the Obama
hearings in the US Senate finance committee. Websites that
inform you on this issue:
- Goggle Flu Trends
tracks appearance of flu anywhere better than the CDC!
- Vitamin D Council website
is a good source of information about this very important biochemical
that is more a hormone than a vitamin
crosslinks, pyridinoline and deoxypyridinoline are chemical
tests to measure the degradation of bone during osteoporosis
- Pollution Scorecard
has lots of detailed information about pollution in your local area
- Scientific American online article
about how cell phones affects brain waves
- Institute for Functional Medicine
website will help educate you about this new and important way of
approaching health care and help you find a practitioner wherever you
- FDA webpage
about the peanut butter products contaminated with Salmonella.
- Calcium and Milk: What's Best for
Your Bones? is an excellent review of the issue
of good sources of calcium for bone health and combating osteoporosis.
- Dupuytren's Contracture website
explains effective treatment
- Environmental Working Group
evaluation of sunscreens is a thorough database
to help you pick a sunscreen that is safe and effective.
- FRAX (Fracture Risk Assessment
Tool) by the World Health Organization helps you
evaluate your risks of bone fracture.
Cancer Risk Assessment Tool by the
National Cancer Institute helps women determine their risks.
- Breast Thermography
website has excellent information by a practitioner in the San
Francisco Bay area.
- "Sick Around the World"
is a fantastic documentary in the Frontline series on PBS.
Anyone interested in health care reform in the U.S. must see this documentary (you
can watch it on the website.)
Much more informative and serious than Michael Moore's "Sicko."
is an excellent resource to get state-specific Consumer Guides for
"getting and keeping health insurance." Each guide details the
state laws and your rights concerning health insurance.
- The Protecting the Insured
website is a place where Californians can register complaints about
problems with health insurance companies. The Office of the Los Angeles
City Attorney is suing companies that
are routinely breaking CA consumer protection laws.
Services has information for senior citizens and
disabilities to promote independence and the highest quality of life.
& Long Term Care is the a page on the Santa
Human Services Department website which also describes senior services.
excellent website for gynecology information, and you can even ask
questions at the site.
- Dr. David Perlmutter
is a board-certified neurologist and author who has done
innovative research in areas relating to brain health.
method for exercising the knee is
is Dr. Mark Hyman's website. Like Dr. Motyka, he is another advocate of
Functional Medicine and has applied these principles with great success.
Functional Medicine website has resources for
to learn about this new paradigm of health care
web document has great information about the risks
used for food and water containers
and Education for Liver Patients (HELP!) is a great
center for people with Hepatitis C.
up to be an organ donor at the Donate Life
registry, or explore Donate
Life for programs in other states.
A and Carotenoids dietary supplement fact sheet
from the NIH.
D calculator to evaluate how long you need to be
exposed to the sun for adequate vitamin D synthesis at any location on
vitamin D deficiency" is an article that discusses
News Review is
an excellent website that evaluates major medical research stories in
newspapers, magazines and on TV.
information on how to
evaluate news stories yourself, exactly as Dr. Dawn has discussed
during the radio shows.
- The FDA has a
prescription drug information is at worstpills.org.
- Explore storing your medical records online at the Medem and iHealthRecord
American Academy of
Environmental Medicine can help you find a doctor
environment health problems.
and get information about Living
Wills at the U.S.
A usable form is here.
guidelines from the U.S. Department of Health and
(HHS) and the Department of Agriculture (USDA)
Medical Marijuana Association has
information for those
interested in medical applications of this drug
Association has good info about the flu and flu
- Go to the Benecol
or call (800) 895-6286 to buy Benecol "Smart Chews", a plant product
for lowering cholesterol
- The Institute
HeartMath is an interesting evidenced-based
stress and "helping people find balance between their mind and
heart in life's activities"
group of medical marijuana specialists with clinics in Santa Cruz and
other CA locations
- Health Savings
|Typical Effective Dose (mSv)1
|Number of Chest X-rays for
|Time Period for Equivalent Dose
|Chest X-ray (PA film)
|Upper GI exam
|CT scan (abdomen)
1. Effect dose in millisieverts (mSv).
2. Assumes an average "effective dose" from chest X-ray (PA film) of
3. Assumes an annual average "effective dose " from natural background
radiation of 3 mSv in the US.
European Commission, Radiation
Protection Report 118,
"Referral guidelines for imaging." Directorate-General for the
Environment of The European Commission; 2000.
This is the
first scientific study:
- More practical diet
information based on this
One-Day Menu Plan for a 2,000 kcal Diet
Menu with alternatives
footnotes) provided on other days
||Soy deli slices 6
||Vegetable curry 7
Legume alternatives (canned):
bean, lentils, chickpeas
Four times a week
Lunch, soup alternatives:
with curry, vegetable barley, black bean, minestrone and pasta
Lunch, soy alternative: hot
Dinner, frozen meal (4
week) alternative: 3-bean chili
Dinner, soy alternatives:
Taken each time in 250
Plant sterol margarine
All topics list with search
Search Page Test